Odisha School Education Programme Authority (OSEPA) has announced a huge recruitment drive for Junior Teacher (Schematic) posts in Primary and Upper Primary schools across the state. The online application process for these posts will end on October 10, 2023. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online through the official website of OSEPA, osepa.odisha.gov.in.
Odisha Junior Teacher Recruitment 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who wish to apply for the Junior Teacher posts must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Age Limit: The candidates must be between 18 and 38 as of January 1, 2023. Age relaxation is applicable as per government rules.
- Odisha Junior Teacher Recruitment 2023 Educational Qualification: The candidates must have passed Higher Secondary (+2) or Graduation or Post-Graduation with a minimum percentage of marks and a Diploma or B.Ed. or B.El.Ed. or B.A.Ed./B.Sc.Ed. or B.Ed-M.Ed. in relevant subjects as per the category of the post. The candidates must also have passed the Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test-I (OTET-I) or Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test-II (OTET-II) as per the post category. The candidates must have Odia as MIL up to class X or pass an Odia language test equivalent to the Matric standard conducted or declared equivalent by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha.
- Please refer to the official notification for more details on the eligibility criteria.
Odisha Junior Teacher Recruitment 2023 Vacancy Details
The total number of vacancies for the Junior Teacher posts is 20000. The district-wise and category-wise distribution of vacancies is as follows:
|District||Category-1 (For Classes I to V)||Category-2 (For Classes VI to VIII)||Total|
Odisha Junior Teacher Recruitment 2023 Selection Process
The selection process for the Junior Teacher posts will be based on the following criteria:
- Academic Performance: The marks for the candidates will depend on their academic performance at different levels of education. These levels are Higher Secondary (+2), Graduation, Post-Graduation, and Diploma or B.Ed. or B.El.Ed. or B.A.Ed./B.Sc.Ed. or B.Ed-M.Ed. The level of education will vary according to the post category.
- OTET Score: The candidates will be awarded marks based on their score in OTET-I or OTET-II as per the post category.
- Document Verification: The candidates who qualify for the academic performance and OTET score criteria will be called for document verification at the district level.
- Merit List: The final merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained by the candidates in academic performance and OTET score. The merit list will be published on the official website of OSEPA and the district education offices.
How to Apply for Odisha Junior Teacher Recruitment 2023?
The candidates who are interested and eligible for the Junior Teacher posts can apply online through the following steps:
- Visit the official website of OSEPA, osepa.odisha.gov.in.
- Click on the link “Apply for Junior Teacher (Schematic) Recruitment 2023”.
- Register by providing your name, mobile number, email ID, and password.
- Login with your registered credentials and complete the online application form with your personal, educational, and professional details.
- Upload your scanned photograph, signature, and relevant documents per the prescribed format and size.
- Pay the application fee of Rs. 200/- online using a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
- Submit the application form and take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
Important Links for Odisha Junior Teacher Recruitment 2023
The candidates can access the following important links related to the Odisha Junior Teacher recruitment:
- Official Website of OSEPA: osepa.odisha.gov.in
- Official Notification for Junior Teacher Recruitment: Click here
- Online Application Link for Junior Teacher Recruitment: Click here
- Syllabus for Junior Teacher Recruitment: Click here
- Resolution for Junior Teacher Recruitment: Click here
- Remuneration of Junior Teacher Recruitment: Click here
- District-wise Vacancies as per ORV Act: Click here